Friday, October 12, 2007

Carole

Atkins did me good 7 yrs ago and I maintained that weight for approximately 3 yrs …. then I fell prey to emotional/stress eating and gained it all back. Yes, to the exact pound, a whooping 297 on my height challenged frame, 5′3″.

After having some stomach problems 2 yrs ago, I found out I had a fatty liver. Duh, of course I was sure it was because of Atkins even though my only real splurge was an amazing homemade salad dressing. Did I ever think is was my excessive addiction to ice cream? Who can have 2 Frostees a day and polish off a half gallon of ice cream in 2 or 3 nights. Talking about living under a rock.

I joined that KK place on June 16th and in 2.5 months lost 52 lbs. Was I ever thrilled since I had so much more to go. Then about 3 weeks ago, I became very concerned for my health. No hair loss, but NO, absolutely NO appetite at all. Sometimes it would be 4:00 pm and I would not have had a morsel of food in my body. Tiredness overcame me and I was napping every day, headaches returned and I felt so very weak. It truly was not intentional but when I looked at my calories for the day I was between 300 - 350. Holy Moly. A Church friend noticed what she called “a slight change” in me and she wasn’t talking about my weight. She questioned what I was eating and told me I needed to STOP immediately, that I was on the path to anorexia. Without knowing too much about that crippling disease, I chuckled and said “with another 100 lbs to lose, that’s ridiculous.” After sharing my ill feelings with my 50+ Buddies, I forced myself to increase my calorie level, having 3 shakes a day which still kept me way too low in calories.
Lori, once again thank you for getting the ball rolling. Hey I can do that too, a delish cheese ball rolled in cashews.

I’ve looked at Jimmy’s site so many times in the past and now I’m thrilled to be here.

As for Kimmer/Heidi, how sad that she stooped to this level. I will not blame her, I was so anxious to rid my body of 160 pounds that I jumped in with my eyes half closed. No one but ME is responsible for MY wrong choices.

Gee, once I get started I forget to stop. I’m just so excited to be in a much healthier place.

Thanks for listening. I will no longer be afraid of too much fat and will add more veggies and REAL cheese to my daily meals. I can’t wait.

Wishing every other refugee continued “healthy” success here in our new safe haven.

HugsCarole

from lowcarbdiscussion.com, “Kimkins Survivors

1 comment:

OhYeahBabe said...

Carole, I'm really sorry you were a victim of Kimmer's fraud and the unsafe Kimkins diet, and that her health was damaged. I hope you will consider joining the Kimkins lawsuit! Here is how to join the Kimkins lawsuit.