Friday, October 12, 2007

Mimosa23

I first did Kimkins last year to drop a few quick pounds after I lost 60 pounds and regained 20… It worked great, and in three weeks I was back to my goal weight. Then the trouble started: I couldn’t keep the weight off, and for the next year I kept losing and regaining 30 or so pounds. I would do the K/E for three weeks or so, and then I’d go back to low GI eating and gain the weight I’d lost on K/E. I joined the Kimkins thread here, and joined in the communal support for this WOE. I felt fat. I felt miserable and I felt ugly. The more I did Kimkins, the worse I felt. The pounds coming off would never be enough, and I didn’t realise I was getting totally obsessed with food, weightloss and my appearance as I thought other people saw me. I was spiralling out of control, and found I had a very unhealthy view of food, diet and myself. I was deluding myself! I would regularly read the Ask Kimmer thread for inspiration, and I would weigh myself twice a day. Despair would set in if I didn’t see the scale move downwards… I would eat less, and nothing would happen. I remember eating only three hardboiled eggs one day without the yokes; still no weightloss! I don’t know what happened, but I decided to see a counsellor about certain issues I had, and also to deal with my food issues. It’s taken me months to face up to the fact that I have an ED. I don’t know if Kimkins was the start ( I actually doubt it) but I do know that it made my issues with food much, much worse. I am now slowly but steadily recovering, my metabolism is shot, and I’m on a medical approved diet programme that is slowly but steadily teaching me to feed my body again. I have very low blood pressure and am anaemic, and the K/E made all my symptoms much worse. I have had mineral deficiencies and they are now being treated. For the last month I have felt more energetic and awake than in the last 18 months…

I still have major problems with my body and weight, but my counsellor and my anger towards Kimmer are certainly making me feel a whole lot better!All I can say is that I’m glad that I didn’t pay for this awfully unhealthy WOE, and I want to thank all you savvy and wise people for all that you have uncovered!

I am now refeeding my body with healthy low GI foods (vegetables, protein, fat, fruit, wholewheat, etc) and am glad that I didn’t have any other medical problems due to Kimkins!
I cannot believe that someone can prey on other people in the way that she has. Her deception has certainly rocked my faith in humankind. I have signed the petition, and hope she will be held accountable for her lies.

Thanks again, and my apologies for being so gullible!

From lowcarbfriends.com "Why the Fascination with Kimmer?"

1 comment:

OhYeahBabe said...

Mimosa, I'm really sorry you were a victim of Kimmer's fraud and the unsafe Kimkins diet, and that her health was damaged. I hope you will consider joining the Kimkins lawsuit! Here is how to join the Kimkins lawsuit.