Friday, October 12, 2007

ginger

I don’t have alot of hair to begin with. It’s very fine and thin, always has been. Now it’s falling out. You can see the top of my head.

About a month ago I woke up one morning and had an open sore on my shin. It just appeared. It didn’t heal and about two weeks ago I woke up and my whole leg was swollen and red and so was my foot. I went to the ER and they said it was infected and gave me a script.

Last week I followed up with my dr and told him about my diet. I’ve been off kk for about a month. But I was one of the one’s that followed the “Ask Kimmer” threads and cut out everything she said to. I was eating 400 calories a day and did that for almost three months. My dr had a fit. He said that I was starving myself and the wound on my leg was probably a direct result from that. He gave me a cream to use.

Last Friday, since it didn’t look any better, I went back and they did a wound culture. The office called me today and I have MRSA, which is a drug resistent staph infection. So now more antibiotics. I haven’t felt well for a month. And it’s a direct result from malnutrition.

I go back to the dr on Thursday to discuss the results of my bloodwork that he did. Hopefully the antibiotic will work but with this kind of infection, it’s pretty common for it not to work.
Sorry I’ve rambled on, but SHE needs to be stopped. Cleaning up the website is too little too late for us…


Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. This wound just appeared one day out of the blue. There was no cut or anything. It’s about the size of a dime.

It happened right around the same time that I decided to stop kk and look for something healthy. I guess I didn’t stop fast enough.

I feel so stupid for doing this to my body. I knew better! But I had never had control over food before. And then I did. It was so powerful.

I’m doing Atkins now and had trouble getting my calories up at first. Now I eat about 1200 calories a day. I have about 30 pounds to go but I’m not in a hurry now.

The real kicker was when I showed the dr a picture of me before my weightloss at about 250 lbs. He looked me in the eye and said “You looked healthier in the picture”. I weigh about 200 lbs now. It didn’t even make me LOOK any better.

from lowcarbdiscussion.com “Kimkins Survivors”

1 comment:

OhYeahBabe said...

Ginger, I'm really sorry you were a victim of Kimmer's fraud and the unsafe Kimkins diet, and that her health was damaged. I hope you will consider joining the Kimkins lawsuit! Here is how to join the Kimkins lawsuit.