Friday, October 12, 2007

oceans

Shortly after I joined the site became very busy because of the WW article and so I never really found a support network there. I mostly read everything and developed my own plan (thank goodness!). I low carbed several years ago and had lost all my weight once, but then had trouble maintaining and gained some back. What helped me was the incentive to get back to basics again and get rid of the frankenfoods. I lost 22 of the 30 lbs I put back on. What I also found is that I was eating too much nuts, cream, and full fat cheeses. There are some things you can really over-do if you are not careful. So, now I am sort of stalled and hoping I will eventually lose the last 7 lbs.

I did not really understand what all the commotion was about over at LCF. Since I never paid much attention to most of the KK threads, I never saw the things anyone was talking about. At the time it seemed to me that people were really getting out of control. Well, after reading what Becky, and Kristin, and Denny wrote in their blogs, I finally have an understanding of what is really going on. I did not notice that others were getting hurt, and I did not read enough to see the bad advice being given. I think much of it is very subtle, and you have to really be paying attention and doing a lot of reading.

After I looked back and read more closely, I can now see those things too. The plans are written in a very sketchy way as to how much fat you are really to be eating. I never went down real low. I always took my fish oil, and ate plenty of fish, olives, and cooked in olive oil. I always ate my vegetables. I didn’t understand how others could not, but I guess many really were going for long amounts of time without any.

from lowcarbdiscussion.com “Kimkins Survivors”

1 comment:

OhYeahBabe said...

Oceans,
I'm really sorry you were a victim of Kimmer's fraud and the unsafe Kimkins diet, and that her health was damaged. I hope you will consider joining the Kimkins lawsuit! Here is how to join the Kimkins lawsuit.