Friday, October 12, 2007

Dallas

I’m still a member over there, with a different name. I’ve refrained from posting my concerns because I want to keep an eye on things. In the 10 years since my mom died I put on about 50 lbs. Not as much as some but enough to make me miserable. I’ve always scoffed at magazine weightloss articles but seeing Christin on the cover of WW caught my eye and clicked with me. And yes, I was impressed by the “red dress” before/after pictures. So I paid my $60. I’d been eating a lot of processed food so in comparison, Kimkins looked much healthier. I like meat and eggs and it said I could stay on K/E as long as I wanted. I did it for 13 weeks AS WRITTEN, with usually 400-600 cal/day, until Becky, Christin, and Deni left and I became concerned by Christin’s reported side effects. I’ve been pleased with my weight loss and I’m 10 lbs from goal. BUT, although I’ve not had hair loss, I seem unable to regain my appetite. I never want to eat, even when my belly growls. I mean, I want to, but my appetite for food is non-existent. Nothing sounds good. I’m fighting to try to bring my calories to an acceptable level. My brain doesn’t mind missing meals anymore. And when I do eat I feel bloated and I’ve gained a few lbs. So can Kimkins cause eating disorders? YES, IT CAN!!!! I never, ever had food issues before, except I liked and ate a lot of processed food and fast food. I’m not stupid. I’m very well-educated. But I was desperate and I believed someone who seemed to have found the answers I needed. She seemed to know what she was talking about. After all, it worked for her. I had hope. Now I don’t know if I’ll ever get back to a truly healthy diet and mindset toward food. Shame on her.

from “Why the Fascination with Kimmer, Part 2″, lowcarbfriends.com

1 comment:

OhYeahBabe said...

Dallas, I'm really sorry you were a victim of Kimmer's fraud and the unsafe Kimkins diet, and that her health was damaged. I hope you will consider joining the Kimkins lawsuit! Here is how to join the Kimkins lawsuit.