Friday, October 12, 2007

You Are Missed

Where once you used to smile radiance, now you are rumpled and frightened, steadfast and wandering, meandering through the vast wasteland of diets gone wrong, and the latest weight loss fads running through your tight fists like so many sands.

You used to glow, and now you sulk, dreary and tired, napping for the energy to nap, eyes withdrawn into yourself, lips thin and pale, kissing indifference where once you embraced life.
I miss you, miss the grand times, miss the communication, how you would make me giddy until I spilled my beverage across the table grabbing my sides in deep howling in laughter. We talked then until there were no more words that needed to be said, smiling smiles.

Now we’re pausing for pauses, and I wonder what happened to that amazing person I once knew, who retreated into herself and pushed everyone away like halitosis after too many meals of nothing, too many ‘I’ll be better tomorrow’s.

I know better. I’m a library book you have shelved, swapped for a glossy promise of svelte hips in 2 weeks. I’m the best friend, your mother, your sister and your daughter. Where did you go?
Did you melt away into the landscape, gaping and harrowing, trying to swim through melting portrait paints, hands flailing for awhile, face resolute, then, finally giving up, let limp hands fall down?

Because then you drown.

1 comment:

OhYeahBabe said...

Everyone, I'm really sorry you were a victim of Kimmer's fraud and the unsafe Kimkins diet, and that her health was damaged. I hope you will consider joining the Kimkins lawsuit! Here is how to join the Kimkins lawsuit.