Friday, October 12, 2007

cgkane

While I was never a member at Kimkins, I was following her plan(s). Even though a little voice in the back of my head kept telling me there was something wrong. I went on an eating binge earlier this month and managed to gain back 2 lbs. I now believe one of the contributing factors (besides a very stressful week) is that my body was starving. Plain and simple. I would be able to do 3, maybe 4 days of K/E or Kimkins. Then, Bam! I *had* to have more fat. Or carbs. Something.I’ve skipped around here and there on this massive thread. I too felt it was horribly negative in the beginning. And yet…that little voice in the back of my head said “Listen“. And so I did…

I want to thank everyone who has posted. I realize that even those who seemed harsh was only worried about people who may be putting their health at risk.

My husband knew I had started a LC eating plan. I sat down and told him exactly what I had been doing the past few months; how many calories I had been eating (700-900), how I would start stressing myself out if I ate what I thought was too much fat, how hard I fought to keep everything “as low as possible.” The first words out of his mouth were “You can’t do that! That’s dangerous!”.

I have decided to continue LC. But I will be doing it *my* way. If that means a free meal once a week with my husband- then that’s what I’ll do. If it means a couple of very low carb days followed by a somewhat higher carb day; then I’ll do it. I will focus on the right kinds of healthy food to help me on this journey.

From lowcarbfriends.com “Why the Fascination with Kimmer”

1 comment:

OhYeahBabe said...

CGKane, I'm really sorry you were a victim of Kimmer's fraud and the unsafe Kimkins diet, and that her health was damaged. I hope you will consider joining the Kimkins lawsuit! Here is how to join the Kimkins lawsuit.