Friday, October 12, 2007

Sunny

I have been on different versions of the Kimkins/KE Plans since the beginning of January (2007), at first it was great, eat lean meats, eggs and (very) few veggies and lose fast. I loved it, but soon every few weeks I would binge, it’s all there in my journal on Kimkins. I thought I was just weak willed and couldn’t stick with the “plan” and I have to say here that the plan everyone on the Kimkins site follows is NOTHING like the one that was posted in Women’s World Magazine.Anyway, for months I went through the cycle of extremely restricting and then binging on high carb items. Finally I was able to stay on plan and eat as instructed, a small amount of lean meats and next to no veggies. After a few days of eating this way I really was not hungry at all, I would have like 3 bites of chicken PER DAY, and for this I was told, Way To GO! Great Job! Your loss is amazing, keep it up………Never was I told, “You’re eating too little, Eat More”.When “backed up” I was told to take Milk of Magnesia or drink Smooth Move tea DAILY until I was through with the weight loss portion. Yes the red flags went up, there are SO many things that are just NOT healthy, but as others do I rationalized it all, with how fast I was losing and how I would up my foods when I got to goal weight…it couldn’t be dangerous for that short amount of time right? After all Kimmer her elf completed a 41 day water fast.

After a week and a half of strict K/E, I had NO energy. I was going to bed way earlier than normal, and actually found myself looking forward to the end of the day just so I could go to bed and sleep. I found myself getting dizzy after standing, no matter if I stood up slowly or at a normal pace. Once while outside gardening I became so dizzy that I almost blacked out and had to sit down for a few minutes to recuperate. I felt sick ALL THE TIME, and at Kimkins that is said like a badge of honor, there was nothing wrong with how I felt—it was “SNATT” (Semi-Nauseous all the time), so I ignored that too. After all it was “normal”.

After 2 weeks and 17 pounds down, my husband was getting really freaked out, you could see my hip bones and my Rib Cage bones were starting to show ( I thought I needed to lose 10 more pounds, I got so caught up in the daily losses). A day later a friend of mine found out what I was doing. She works in a doctor’s office so she knows exactly what happens to your body when you eat so little but still lose so much on a daily basis, and she implored me to stop what I was doing, look at it rationally and start taking better care of myself. That same day 2 of my co-workers asked me what was going on, they thought I was very sick and just not saying anything.

Fortunately for me, my family and my friends…I am a person that is able to step away from it all and take it all into perspective. I feel sad for the people blindly following this “plan” and not knowing or even caring that they take their lives into their own hands by eating this way. I am SO MAD about the marketing ploys put out there by Kimmer and her minions for teens…like Lindsey Lohan or anyone else famous has ever heard of Kimkins! Don’t get me wrong I completely understand the need or the drive to lose weight BUT let’s all do this safely!!! I can’t believe I let myself get sucked into listening to someone that doesn’t have one iota of medical credentials.

I feel blessed every day that I have a wonderful husband, family and friends that care enough to pay attention to what I am doing. If they had not pointed out the dangers of what I was doing and how it could be life threatening, I would probably still be talking myself into eating that way and most likely would have developed a full blown eating disorder. Looking back I feel that I was WELL on my way to one!

I truly feel sad for the people that see the red flags, feel sick all the time “but that’s normal right, it’s only SNATT?” and still stick with it…..or worse yet are instructed to take laxatives daily to help keep them from getting “backed up” just so they can lose another half pound a day…
I personally will no longer risk my health, or my very life to lose “just one more pound.”

Please ladies and gentlemen, I implore you all to step back and take a look at what you are doing to yourselves, your family and your friends.

1 comment:

OhYeahBabe said...

Sunny, I'm really sorry you were a victim of Kimmer's fraud and the unsafe Kimkins diet, and that her health was damaged. I hope you will consider joining the Kimkins lawsuit! Here is how to join the Kimkins lawsuit.