Friday, October 12, 2007

KCRita

I’m still a member at KK, and at ‘that other forum’, and have no dramatic story to tell. I lost 30 pounds in 2 months on KK. And that’s with not much weight to lose to begin with. My hair fell out. I was SNATT all the time. I experienced leg cramps on almost a daily basis–some so bad I nearly ended up calling 911. I could go days without eating, and I was proud of it (not sure I could call those days KK, tho) Hey, I was THIN! And at my age, that was Amazing! I did not care that I wasn’t giving my body the nutrition it needed to thrive–I was wearing size 4’s for the first time in my life.

My family, thank god, honestly did a mini-intervention and made me see that I was headed down a very slippery slope–towards a full blown ED. I’m so glad I realized it, but still, there are days when I honestly LONG to return to that safe place of not caring if I eat a thing. But, I will not go there again.

I’ve followed the Kimkins saga from Day 1–read every post on the Fascination thread and every one here, and witnessed the creation and termination of the Ask Kimmer thread.

I just want to thank ALL of you who have fought the battle to this point. I only wish I had the courage and the tenacity and the intelligence to have joined you from the beginning. I have signed the petition, I want my voice heard in some manner, and will stay a KK member for as long as possible, but I am not sure I can stomach reading any more of the hatred and the meanness that is being spewed over there.

from lowcarberforums, “The Kimmer Thread Continues”

1 comment:

OhYeahBabe said...

KCRita, I'm really sorry you were a victim of Kimmer's fraud and the unsafe Kimkins diet, and that her health was damaged. I hope you will consider joining the Kimkins lawsuit! Here is how to join the Kimkins lawsuit.