Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Mayberryfan

Based on completely false advertising, I chose to go on the Kimkins diet plan in June. My online food journal is evidence that I stuck to the plan as written, believing that it was a healthy and sensible form of weightloss based on the claims of the plan’s creator “Kimmer” or Heidi K. Diaz, who are in fact the same person. While I did lose weight, I also began to experience significant hair loss, nausea, bouts of dizziness and was freezing all the time. As a normally hot-natured person, I began researching the source of my coldness and discovered that such crash diets can lower thyroid function to dangerously low levels bringing about the cold feeling and hair loss. Doing more research, I discovered that Ms. Diaz has no medical backing for her diet plan, did not lose weight as she claimed and has faked many of the “success stories” that she uses on the Kimkins website to sell memberships. At the very best, this plan is a fraud and at worst, is downright dangerous to one’s health. She has no business selling a diet plan that will definitely harm a person’s health if they stick with it long enough.


from Better Business Bureau Kimkins reviews

No comments: